Monday, May 12, 2014

May 12, 2014

This week has been interesting. Lots of odd stuff happened.

Monday morning the APs called and told Elder Nelson that he was leaving to go to Wichita. We went by and said bye to members in the ward. Then Elder Nelson packed and got ready. We had dinner with the Sheffield family.

Tuesday we drove down to Wichita. Elder Nelson needed to be in the office at 12 pm so we left about 9:30. I had to stay in Wichita until my new Companion, Elder Howell, came from Topeka. Elder Howell got to ride the Gray Hound from Topeka to Great Bend by himself because he was the only missionary coming from Topeka. During this time I helped the Elders and Sisters in the Mission Office. They put me to work laminating and sorting things. Finally at 2:30 Elder Pack and Howell made it to the Mission Office. Talked to Elder Pack for a bit then dropped of a bike rack to a set of missionaries on the way home. Then we stopped in Lyon to see our ward mission leader and to do some tracting. Then we had dinner with the Siefkes.  Then we went to see the Trevino family.

Wednesday I went to the doctor and was told that I have high blood pressure and high pulse.  We spent a long time at the Doctor office.  Then we went over to the Tervinos to help Brandon paint their shed.  Then we started weekly planning.   Then we had dinner with the Berkheimers in Great Bend.  Then we went over to Cristina and Crystal’s to have a lesson with them. We reviewed the baptismal questions with Ayanna and talked with them about the baptism. Then we talked to the Audits about all the commitment we left them with over the last two transfers.
Roll of duct tape.

Thursday we finished weekly planning. After that we went out walking to find people and contact some referrals. We had little luck finding people home. Then we had dinner with the Bates and tried names from the Area Book.

Friday we had Zone Training in Salina. It ended up that we had to drive our selves to Salina so we could get Elder Howells bike. Zone training is a lot smaller because they split our zone a week ago. We went from about 36 missionaries to 20 in our zone.  The Zone Leaders talked a lot about inspired questions and how we can learn a lot from inspired questions.  Then they told us about a new rule from Elder Pack the car coordinator. The church went back to only having one designated driver per companionship. The nice thing is that I am the one allowed to drive the car. Then we got back to Great Bend and found 3 new investigators. We received a referral from that ended up being a family wanting to learn more. They are a nice family. Both of their names are Judy.

Saturday we spent time walking and contacting less actives and former investigators. We also went to Hosington to work. Then we had dinner with the Curtis family. Deiah Curtis was having a Graduation party and food and invited us to come and eat and meet some of her friends.  Then we had a lesson with the Judy's.  And then one with Jim and Shea and Brother Crone.

Sunday we had church. Had 2 investigators at church. Elder Acosta was sick. We also had lots of less actives come to church.  Then we went to the Sheffield family so Elder Howell could Skype his family at 4pm then we went out to the Curtis family so I could Skype home. During the Skype we had 2 tornadoes touch down and half inch hale and lots of rain. First tornado was two blocks away from the house on the left then the second was on the other side of the trees next to the neighbor’s house on the right. But I was still able to talk to my family. We were there until 9 PM.

This week was lots of talking to investigators and finding people. Thanks for the prayers and letters.

Elder Andrew Allen

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.