Monday, June 2, 2014

June 2, 2014

This week has been slow. Lots of canceled appointments.

Monday we had P-Day in Salina. The zone leaders gave us more miles to drive up there. We spent the whole day with the zone. We played Nerf and basketball and soccer. This was fun to spend time with other missionaries than the ones in Great Bend.

Tuesday we had interviews with President Bell. I was the first one in the Salina Zone. This was nice to talk to him and see what I can do to help me on my mission. Then we had district meeting and District Lunch. Then we emailed for last week and then went shopping.

Wednesday we went to the bike shop to fix Elder Howell's bike and Elder Acosta. Elder Acosta flew over his handlebars when he looked at a car full of girls. When he did this he messed up his rim really bad.  Then we had weekly planning. We then we over and helped Alex, Judy’s husband with his car. He needed to replace his thermostat in his car. Between Elder Howell and I we were able to find out were it was and how to get it replaced. 

Thursday we went to Lyons.  Brother Berkheimer came out with us all day. We visited Becky Hicling and several other less active members. Then the Berkheimer took us out to eat for dinner. Then we visited Judy and Judy when we got back to Great Bend.

Friday we went to Larned. We were able to contact a referral and potential people out of the area book and also see others had we taught. We had dinner with the Philips family. The food we at was meat loaf. This meat loaf had a egg and a banana in it. Also it was not cooked all the way. It was bight red inside when it was served to us. Friday night we spent time in the McMillan's helping them pack and get every thing ready for Saturday. Us Elders got permission to sleep in their shed from the AP. So Friday night we spent the night at the McMillan's house and were able to help them right in the morning.
Elder Acosta, Elder Grow, Elder Allen, Elder Howell, The McMillans
Saturday morning we helped the McMillan's pack their trailer and clean the house. Then we packed up our stuff and left back for Great Bend. Then we went to the ER because Elder Grow could not breath because of his allergies, then we had dinner with Brother Voss and went to sports night. Had fun with some of the Spanish Elder’s investigators.

Sunday was fast Sunday. Lots of kids bore their testimony. It was great to hear from the primary. Then we saw Brandon and Judy and Judy’s Family and had a Great Night.

Thanks for the mail and letters.

Love Elder Andrew Allen

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.