Monday, June 23, 2014

June 9, 2014

This week has been slow and fun. This Wednesday I am get transferred to Wellington, Kansas. This week we have done lots of things to update the ward and the area book before I leave the area.

Monday we emailed then we went up to Hays to spend time with the district. We took our Nerf guns and had a war in a member’s basement in Hays. There were 8 of us in a large basement with 170 shots and lots of Nerf guns.  We had several wars and fun time. Then we came back to Great Bend to have dinner with the Solie family. The Solie family is a nice and wonderful family in our ward. We were able to also do some service for them when we were out at there house.

Tuesday we took the Ford Fusion in to the body shop. It will be in for several weeks to fix the trunk and key marks. Then we went to the bike shop to fix Elder Howells bike and then we went to Wal-Mart to get money back. On Monday we bought food and Elder Howell got a camera holder. When he put in his coins and cash it did not take it off of his bill. The self-checkout charged the whole amount to his card, an extra 31 dollars. We ended up having to come back. Management had to watch the video so they would know we put money into the self-checkout before they gave us money back. We had dinner with the Trevino family.  After dinner we had a nice discussion with Brandon and Crystal.

Wednesday I had a doctor appointment. Spent lots of time in the doctor’s office. Next we weekly planning. Then we went and tried to see Judy but she was not home. Then we went to Wal-Mart to talk with management about the money. They were able to watch the video and gave Elder Howell back his 31 dollars. Then we had dinner with the Spanish elders then we cleaned out all of the junk in the house.

Thursday Elder Jacobson had exchanges with us. I went with Elder Gonzalez back to Hays while Elder Howell stayed with Elder Jacobson.  We went through Russel and we stopped to say hi to the Russel sisters that are in our district. Then we had appointment in Hays and then dinner with the Slonie family, then we had time to see some of their investigators.

Friday we had district meeting in Hays. Then we came back to Great Bend to go to Larned. In Larned we had a lesson with a family with Sister Douglas and found few new investigators and had fun. There was a carnival in Larned that we were able to contact many people.

Saturday we had a Stake Priesthood Meeting. Brother Hudson was able to take us to Salina. They talked lots about our covenant we make when we are given the priesthood. Then the Stake President meet with just us elders after the meeting before he had to meet with the high council.

Sunday we had a full church. We biked to church today. There were lots of less actives at church. Then we had lunch and worked on the area book. Then Elder Stopper stopped in to help Elder Howell and I for our new assignments this next transform. This was nice to have the old AP stop in and train you before he left his mission.

Monday we helped a member in the ward move. It rained the whole time we were moving.

This has been a great week. Thanks for all the letters and mail.

 Love Elder Andrew J Allen

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.